The LEGO Inside Tour program 2013
1.00pm - Official welcome in the reception area of Hotel LEGOLAND®
Visit the LEGO Idea House, original house of Ole Kirk Kristiansen
- Learn more about the LEGO history and get to know the company culture and values
- Visit the historical collection of LEGO sets and models dated back to 1932.
Meet and greet some of the amazing LEGO designers at Hotel LEGOLAND
- Introduction to their daily work in the LEGO Group
- LEGO building event
- Sharing building experiences
7.00pm – Dinner at Hotel LEGOLAND with the LEGO designers
9.00am – Factory tour at “Hojmarksvej” and ”Kornmarken”
- A guided tour at the LEGO factories to see the fully automated production and warehouse
- Visit other interesting LEGO buildings in town
- Visit the employee shop
6.30pm – Dinner at LEGOLAND Western Town
8.00pm – LEGO Inside Tour Award Show
9.30am - LEGOLAND Billund Back Stage
- Get back stage and see the secrets of LEGOLAND
- Visit the model designers of LEGOLAND
- Experience the park on your own. Try the activities and see the amazing models.
- Lunch at LEGOLAND Knights’ Table
2.30pm – Goodbye speech and presentation of the exclusive LEGO gift!
We won’t disclose exactly what the present is but we can tell you that it is very exclusive – developed in cooperation with Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen and produced specifically for the participants of the LEGO Inside Tour.
The official program ends at app. 3.15.
Who can participate?
The LEGO Inside Tour welcomes all LEGO fans, individuals as well as families, and children above 7 of age*.
What we all have in common is the joy and interest for the LEGO brick.
Children in the age of 7 – 14 are required to be accompanied by an adult.
Is the tour available all year?
The LEGO Inside Tour takes place 3 times a year only in May and June.
It is our experience, that spring and summer is most suitable for all the international participants. Therefore we only offer the tour at these times.
The official program of the tour takes app. 2½ days from Wednesday to Friday.
(This applies to all tours, no matter the May or June dates).
Each tour can accommodate 25 participants and we handle registration in a first-come, first-serve order.
If the upcoming tours are fully booked, we can offer you registration on our waiting list. Please fill in the registration form carefully to ensure that we have your contact information, if a tour becomes available.
Which language is spoken on the tour?
All communication will be in English. The official common company language of the LEGO Group is English to accommodate many employees with diverse international backgrounds.
What does it costs to participate and what does the price include?
This unique LEGO experience costs DKK 13.000, - per person and it includes among other things:
- Accommodation for 3 nights, Tuesday – Friday at Hotel LEGOLAND www.hotellegoland.dk
We have reserved hotel rooms from Tuesday to enable participants to check in before the official program begins on Wednesday at 1.00pm. You will get free access to LEGOLAND on Tuesday as well.
- Breakfast Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Lunch Thursday and Friday
- Dinner Wednesday and Thursday
- LEGO Inside Tour experiences
- Visit Ole Kirk’s original house (Idea House)
- Meet our LEGO Designers
- Visit the LEGO factories
- LEGOLAND Behind the Scene
- LEGO Inside Tour ”Gift” (specifically produced for this year’s LEGO Inside Tour)
- Surprises during the tour
- Transportation for all LEGO Inside Tour experiences
How do I get to Billund, Denmark?
The participants handle their own transportation to and from Billund.
Billund has an international airport and hotel LEGOLAND is located only a few minutes travel by car from the airport. There is easy access to taxies from the airport.
For more travel details, visit: www.billundlufthavn.dk
It is also possible to travel by train from Copenhagen and change to bus in Vejle or Kolding.
You can make your own travel plan on: www.dsb.dk
How do I register for the tour?
If you want to participate please download the registration form from the link above, save it to your computer and fill one form in per person. Please make sure to fill in all the required fileds in the form, as lack of information might cause a delay in the registration process.
Then you send an e-mail attached the form(s) to the LEGO Inside Tour team, Camilla Torpe and Lene Gebauer Mortensen through email@example.com
This e-mail address is also for any questions you might have regarding the tour.
We always strive to answer e-mails within few days but in some periods of events, vacation or illness the response time might be affected.
* Age limit of 7 years is due to security and safety regulations in both the factories and LEGOLAND. This is not negotiable.